SCHLATTER advises numerous clients with regard to professional sports law. Sports law consists of an intersection of several legal disciplines. A focus of our work is sports employment law, transfer law, and arbitration proceedings, providing assistance to associations and/or their hived off incorporated companies, professional athletes, coaches as well as intermediary and consulting agencies.
We assist our clients in negotiations, drafting of player and coach contracts, termination agreements, agent contracts, and transfer agreements – of course always in compliance with the relevant legal and federation requirements. In addition, we represent our clients’ interests in federation and arbitration court as well as state court procedures.
We have set ourselves the task of providing our clients with a successful start, to bring them safe and sound and with confidence across the finishing line and accompany them on their way with individual advice.
Overview of fields of law:
• Sports law
• Sports employment law
• Law governing associations
• Law governing federations
• Negotiation and conclusion of employment, sponsorship and advertising contracts
• Representation of interests of professional athletes vis-a-vis associations, federations and agents
• Transfer consulting
• Representation in federation, arbitration and state court procedures